"O Father, light up the small duties of this day's life: May they shine with the beauty of Your countenance. May we believe that glory can dwell in the most common task of every day."

Blessed Augustine of Hippo


Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Opening a can of worms


Well, we had the dreaded inspection on the house yesterday and to say the least, this inspector with the prospective buyers went through each room using a fine tooth comb. Did I mention that this was STRESSFUL! We received a rather long itemized list of the wrongful findings...OUCH!


FDR and I thought, 9 1/2 years ago, that purchasing an old home was wonderful and charming. Today, trying to iron out the wrinkles for closing day, I feel that "this old house" is a can of worms - dead ones!


The electrical system is a colossal mess! By the grace of God, no major explosions ever occurred. We are blessed to personally know an electrician that will address any of these pressing safety issues and met with him this evening. Thank God! As my realtor and dear friend said "just another hurdle to get you one step closer to St. Vladimir's...we can make it"


All in all, the buyers seem to be handling this with great ease. They are a beautiful Christian couple who want this big house to raise foster children. FDR mentioned, when we put the house on the market, that all we needed was one good family...by the grace of God, that is what we received.


Then, why can I not remain in God's peace? Everything, up to this point, has worked out...yet, I am worrying, short with the children and can't stay on track with their studies. There is much too much to do and the clock is ticking...


Brooding this all through, I am reminded that I, personally, have a rather large list -- of sins, that is. And whenever I prepare for confession it is like opening a can of worms. But there is hope in Jesus Christ our Lord and with Him, through Him, my soul is learning to forgive while yielding to His perfect will -- one step at a time.


"We are hard pressed on every side, but not crushed; perplexed, but not in despair; persecuted, but not abandoned; struck down, but not destroyed. We always carry around in our body the death of Jesus, so that the life of Jesus may also be revealed in our body." 2 Cor. 4:8-10


As we come to a close in singing "Christ is Risen..." may we hold onto the joy of His Resurrection and continue to learn how to die to ourselves through Christ our Lord.

Pray for me, a sinner...

4 comments:

::Sylvia:: said...

Great post, I'm glad I found your blog!

::Sylvia:: said...

I'm so glad you're joining in on our swap! Please check the original post on the swap for the info I am going to need from you! This is going to be so much fun!

Molly Sabourin said...

Boy is this experience going to sculpt you into a more patient and resilient individual! I applaud you for your letting go of a comfortable past and moving forward in faith toward an unknown future. It seems like God has you exactly where He wants you: totally dependent upon Him.

Aren't house closings the WORST?!

Susan Sophia said...

I just happened upon your blog from Sylvia's blog. I'm glad to meet you. I'm a homeschooling mom of four as well....on the opposite sides of the country.
My husband says he knows Father Deacon Raphael...through the blogging world.
I know what you mean about selling a home. We did it a year and a half ago and it was very stressful.
May God bring peace to your home through this.