"O Father, light up the small duties of this day's life: May they shine with the beauty of Your countenance. May we believe that glory can dwell in the most common task of every day."

Blessed Augustine of Hippo


Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Celebrating Luke!



He is the cutest most mischievous little monkey you could have ever dreamed up...our Luke! He is 4 today and happy, happy, happy!

Traditionally, we had all the birthday parties at the big-old home, so many wonderful memory-filled birthday parties between our four. However, this year, with bitter- sweetness, being far away from family and friends, we went to a quiet, yet, fun-filled restaurant "just for Luke".

And this year he has a first-time friend, a dear little boy that we brought along as our guest. This was a relaxing dinner, no rush, no planning...where Luke was the happiest!
So, in his happiness I find mine as well...

Many, Many years to you dear Luke Joseph!

5 comments:

Heather said...

I'm so glad Luke had such a fun time for the BIG 4 :) I missed celebrating with you this year, but I am making plans to see you soon! My love to all!
Love, Auntie Heather

Agape said...

Happy Birthday to Luke!! My God grant him many years!

I am glad to read your blog and I shared your post about the book "Royal Monastic" on www.orthodoxchristianchat.com I want to invite you to join the board. I think you will really like it there and we would love to have you as a member. It is a great board.

Agape said...

oops, I forgot to mention that our son Nicholas shares a birthday with Luke. I posted pics on facebook.

h west said...

Happy Birthday! And 4 is a big one. Our daughter, Rowyn turned 4 in June and, oh my. It's a big deal for her. And great party. The more relaxed the better. Have a great time telling EVERYBODY that you're 4, Luke!!!!!

Molly Sabourin said...

Aww, how sweet! Luke looks so bubbly and adorable and exhaustingly fun! Happy Birthday to your dear little boy.

By the way, Kelleylynn, feel free to share anything you'd like from my blog. I would be honored and interested, as always, in hearing your own wise thoughts about mothering!