"O Father, light up the small duties of this day's life: May they shine with the beauty of Your countenance. May we believe that glory can dwell in the most common task of every day."

Blessed Augustine of Hippo


Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Down hearted...


Not sure how else to write this. Not sure what to think, feel or say. For, I may say too much, think too much and feel too much. Weighted heaviness.

FDR's ordination is not a go. Not "accepted" for lack of paper work that was needed by our Bishop? There is much more here, yet we choose to Love; covering a multitude of transgressions--may God give us the strength!
We have been assured that this decision has nothing to do with him. Truthfully, we are caught in a whirlwind of political affairs--a giant wait-and-hold-on sticky net hoping and praying for our leaders to straighten out the current torrential mess in the Archdiocese. I need not say much; we all know the current state of the archdiocese.

I ask for your prayers. Pray hard for the church, the Hierarchy, and the clergy.

This too shall pass -- I hold onto this and can only trust in God's will.

5 comments:

Susan Sophia said...

My prayers are with you. God has His timing in all of this. Sometimes that sounds so cliche but it is so true!

When you said on FB "doesn't know what to think" I was so perplexed as to what it could be about. I kept searching for others posts you may have written and I missed. Here it is.

Again, prayers and love to you all.

h west said...

Wow. I don't have any idea about your archdiocese, but wow. My prayers are floating up.

Mimi said...

Words fail me, hon. Prayers and love and hugs.

Michael from Texas said...

Dear Shamassy:

As I wrote on FDR's blog, Melanie and I are so sad about this; it shouldn't have happened like this. You both are in our most sincere and heartfelt prayers. When y'all get back, if you need to talk, or vent, or just see your godbabies, we're here for you. May God reward FDR's (and your) patience with God-pleasing priestly ministry in the future. We love y'all.

DebD said...

I read about over on your husband's blog. Praying.