"O Father, light up the small duties of this day's life: May they shine with the beauty of Your countenance. May we believe that glory can dwell in the most common task of every day."

Blessed Augustine of Hippo


Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Expectations...

Counting the days, 1 day more, till I hop on a plane to visit "home". My plan is to be with my dearest friend "L" and her sweet family, grab lunch with girlfriends and enjoy a long-over-due dinner-movie night with my mom and hopefully sister.

However, I leave in sadness, as I had hoped to visit, my friend, Stefani, who had taken ill in July...she passed Sunday evening from earth to eternity. Unfortunately, I will miss the viewing and funeral since it is Wednesday. I miss her -- graced with her beautiful smile. May the memory of Stefani be eternal...

Expectations in life can be disappointing rolled together with blessings birthed each day. So, here I am, wanting to let these expectations go -- daring to continue to dream, hope and plan...trusting God completely without wanting anything in return, well, except for deep meaningful friendships, love for my neighbor, patience with my children and their's with me, and unconditional love for my husband...I dare not continue.

"Hon, I need to go home, by myself" I meekly wait for his response. "Sure, find a time and I'll make it work" Even in the midst of his studies, he is willing to let his expectations go for my well-being. So that I may re-connect with friends and mom. No questions asked just..."Sure..." I am grateful for his love...

Here I am, once again, finding myself surrounded by loving moms who, on top of their own busy lives and children, are willing to "chip-in" so that I am able to go away...no questions asked...I am grateful for their new-found friendships and take comfort in it's strength.

My expectations are to face each day as the Lord God made it...new every morning. Grateful that God can and will fill my heart to the fullest, according to His plan -- His expectations for me, the handmaiden of God, Kelleylynn...may I be worthy to deserve such treasures!

4 comments:

Mimi said...

My prayers as you travel, and my heartfelt prayers that Stefani's Memory be Eternal.

Agape said...

I think I know how you feel. I miss home and my girlfriends, very , very much- it is so lonely here without them. I am glad you are able to get back home to your mom and your girlfriends. Prayers for a safe trip. I am sorry for your loss. May Stefani's memory be eternal!

Molly Sabourin said...

Oh sweet Kelleylynn,

You're so in the thick of it - gorging on life as it was meant to be lived, feeling the sorrow and the joy, both, inherent in love. Memory Eternal Stefani, and may your trip home be nourishing! You are a breath of fresh air and a gift to all who are fortunate enough to cross paths with you.

Your sister and friend in Christ,

Molly

Jennifer said...

My husband is in the military, so I know exactly how you feel about being away from family and friends.

Last Christmas, I told my husband that I needed to go home to visit my mother, by myself, to decompress after being very ill and dealing with a great deal of stress. Like your husband, he said no problem, took a week off from work, and on New Years Eve, I flew to visit my mother.

It's good to get away by ourselves, especially as busy mothers who don't get much, if any, time to ourselves.

I hope you had a great trip.